Monday, August 27, 2012

HONEYMOON IN FRANCE!

Here we go again, travel time.And this time back to Europe, France to be exact. Allison and I floated around lots of ideas, including a multi country adventure. We ended up deciding, we want to relax, drink wine, and eat like monsters. France seemed like an obvious choice, with 5 stops starting and ending in Paris. A visit  to the French riviera for beaching and sun. Provence for food, art, and beautiful vistas. And a stop in Burgundy for, you guessed it, wine, wine, wine.. I know we have a one track mind, but at least we're consistent.


View France honeymoon in a larger map


We start in Paris, 3 nights in the Latin Quarter. Our plan is a nice mixture of cafes and tourist fun, with the obvious major sites. We received lots of great advice from a lot of you, and we appreciate it. One of the really great ideas is hopping on one of those cheesy tourist buses that cruise around the city. After airport hell, we may be groggy and lazy, so doing one of those buses will be a great way to relax and see the city. I'm not going to be ashamed of being a silly tourist, I may even throw on a fanny pack, and the dreaded socks and sandals..


After Paris we're taking a train 6 hours South to Villefranche-Sur-Mer, which is in the French Riviera, 10 minutes East of Nice, and very close to Monaco and the Italian border. Villefranche is a former fishing village.  We're staying at an apartment rental for 7 days.  The plan is beach, lots of beach. With day trips to Eze, Nice, Monaco and a place really special to us, called Menton. Here's a little back story on that.  Menton is a town that borders Italy. There is a restaurant in Boston called Menton, which is where I proposed to Allison.




Our next stop is Saint-Remy-de-Provence, another little village, but this one is more medieval. With lots of shops, art, and food. There is some really nice hiking in the area, some vineyards, and lots of other medieval town in close proximity.





Next we have a stop in Beaune, which is in Burgundy. Obviously there is lots and lots of wine in this region. I've read it's a really great place to rent bikes, and take the vineyard trails from winery to winery, sound like a lot of fun to me, we'll see if I can convince Allison. Also there is a few wine cellars right in Beaune which people really rave about. We're packing Advil, and I expect we'll use it.




Last, we head back to Paris, and this time we'll be staying 2 nights with views of the Eiffel tower. I'm sure we'll be unwinding and trying to soak up our last few days in France. I'm not going to write anymore about that because it's depressing..

We tend to get hung up on finding specific treats on these trips, Pizza in Italy, Conch Fritters in Key West, wine in California. Although wine will play a big part of this trip, I expect bread and Pastry may be the one. I love croissants, so maybe that will be my special treat I try everywhere.  I hope I can keep this fresh and fun for all of you to follow along. It was really great reading your comments on our last trips, so please take a second to comment as we go along.

au revoir!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And again I'm jealous, by the way out of spite I didn't toss out your hard boiled egg in the fridge at work, so there :p Okay really have an awesome time!